When we announce to the world we have a goal, there are plenty of friends, family and situations that try to tell us why we can’t do something. Here are 10 quick and easy ways to silence the detractors while making your journey to success easier and enjoyable. If we don’t know where to start, let’s start here with 10 super easy ways to stay motivated
Here are 10 quick and easy ways:
- Write down 5 accomplishments you are proud of in your life. It doesn’t matter how big or small, just take 5 minutes to write down something you are proud of doing. Then just take a moment or two just bask in the glow of how that made you feel when you succeeded.
- Write down WHY you are doing this. Most sales classes will tout this as the most important item on this list. It is frequently quote, “The how won’t matter if the WHY is big enough.” While most of this is true, you still need to be proud of how you accomplished your goal, so ethics come into play here. The WHY has to be compelling, even if making changes can be uncomfortable.
- Visualize. Take a few minutes every day to sit quietly by yourself (hey, everyone has a few moments if they try) to visualize having attained your goal. What does it look like, smell like and most importantly feel like? Really internalize that feeling.
- Don’t accept “No.” Most people give up on New Year’s resolution by mid-January. Just refer to your WHY and how you feel when you visualize, then external comments, challenges and other’s negativity will slip past you has you make incremental steps towards your goal.
- Get a Plan. Get a journal or at the very least a notepad to write down your goal. Writing it down is very different than just thinking it. A Harvard Business study tracked MBA graduates. The 3% who had written down clear, measurable goals ended up making more than 10 times the amount of the other 97% combined! Write down your goals with a deadline. A goal without a deadline is just a dream, make it happen by tying dates to stepping stones toward your goal. Make each stepping stone a measurable and manageable chunk that you can accomplish easily. You will be surprised how much progress you can make with a written plan. Need inspiration? You may find our article Let’s check off those bucket list items interesting.
- Be polite and positive. While there may be no shortage of negative, broke friends around you, simply decide you want better. Refuse to indulge into their negativity, no matter how tempting it will be. Just be polite, and if necessary, simply say or do nothing. Remember, it’s their negativity, not yours unless you let it. Just remember where you are headed, not where they are staying.
- Choose Success Always. People can be sometimes petty, but you don’t have to be. Choose win-win situations whenever possible. That is, seek positive outcomes in everything you do. This elevates you as a person and generates respect. Everyone benefits when the floor is elevated and you can be that positive influence. Want weekly motivation? Check our Motivation Gallery.
- Reward yourself along the way. Rewards, even small ones are important to recognize accomplishing victories towards your success. If it is a small victory, give yourself something nominal like going to the movies, for something bigger, perhaps buying a new shirt. It’s doesn’t have to be elaborate, just recognized. For more ideas, see our article Reward Yourself along the Way.
- Keep it fun. If it becomes a chore, it will be 10 times harder to reach your goal. Find interesting ways to make it fun. For example, when you write your plan, imagine you are drawing a map to buried treasure and you are creating the steps to find it! Enjoy the process.
- Simply believe in yourself and believe you can do this. There are countless examples in history of people who accomplished great things. Many of them had poor beginnings and no resources. Personally, I have a friend who grew up on dirt floors and whose parent were migrant workers. Today he is in the top 4% earners in the country. Now is the time you decide that where you were is not who you are. You are deserving of greatness and don’t let anyone tell you differently.
Now this doesn’t sound that hard does it? The hardest part is just starting. Many will say how lucky you are when you hit success, but it’s funny how luck shows up when you are too busy working for your success! When would NOW be a good time to start on your future? Like to see more, then check out our articles This is where it begins and 10 ways to be more successful this year. We hope you put our 10 super easy ways to stay motivated to work today.
Wondering what type of remote or telecommute jobs are waiting for you? Looking for companies hiring remote workers? Then check out our RemoteMinded Remote Power Pack and see! This insider’s guide is packed with 100 careers you could do anywhere, 100 companies hiring remote workers now and 100 websites listing the hottest telecommute and remote work jobs. Next, learn about the 10 FREE applications you need to work online or run an online business. Now click here to get our RemoteMinded Remote Power Pack today!